All you need is some glue on the keypad and
an awareness of frustrated user behavior.
(And none of those moral qualms about stealing.)
Step-by-step directions for ATM thievery:
- Get some industrial strength fast-drying glue, preferably by shoplifting.
- Find a suitable ATM (it has to be located right outside a bank.)
- During the bank’s business hours, glue down the "enter," "cancel" and "clear" buttons on the keypad.
- Wait for a customer to use the ATM. The customer will punch in their PIN but their transaction will not be completed. They will get frustrated because the keys aren’t working, and will go into the bank to get some help.
- When they are in the bank, use the ATM to withdraw money from their account.
- Walk swiftly away and spend the money.
These criminal tips brought to you courtesy of The San Francisco Examiner.
NOTE: The comments section for this post is an extremely active forum filled with the raging opinions of numerous commenters who may not realize the ridiculousness of the explanation of this illegal procedure. Read the comments at your intellectual peril.
Glue-gun goons target unwary ATM users, San Francisco Examiner>>