You want them to think that Manuel from Fawlty Towers was your waiter.
- First, get a rented post office box. Pay with cash.
- Next, snag a reciept from a legitimate dry cleaning business. Photocopy the reciept. Write down some items of clothing that might have needed to get dry-cleaned if there was a coffee spill.
- Write a letter saying that a waiter spilled coffee on your clothing and you want to be reimbursed. Include an itemized list of clothing from your receipt.
- Make many copies of your letter.
- Get a huge list of restaurant names and addresses.
- Mail your letter to those restaurants.
- Some will believe you and send you a check.
- Rejoice! You’re a con man or woman.
- (Just remember, you’ve now committed a federal crime.)
Dry-cleaning scam targets restaurants, New York Post>>