There’s a reason he has a twinkle in his eyes.
Can you answer these three questions accurately? Be careful, because they’re trickier than you think.
- His real identity is a secret to many little kids. He wears a red suit
and has a long white beard, and sneaks into houses at night to give
birthday presents to children. What’s his real name?
- Some presidents are known as liars, while others are known for being extraordinarily truthful and not being able to tell a lie. In one exaggerated myth about the truth-telling tendencies of a past president, what specific kind of tree did Lincoln chop down?
- A type of female entertainer who wears a kimono has been known to pretend to have certain emotions. What’s the historical name of this kimono-wearing "companion" who traditionally entertained Chinese men?
- Santa Claus or Kris Kringle or St. Nicholas or Sinter Klaus is his name. Yet he gives out Christmas presents, not birthday presents.
- It was not Abraham Lincoln in the myth; it was George Washington.
- Traditionally, a Geisha is the name of a courtesan or entertainer, but it was Japanese men, not Chinese men, who they entertained.