Scammer Jamie Campany cries about his crimes
Some fraud tips from Mr. Campany and his bogus company Global Bullion Exchange:
- Buy phone lists with leads on good prospects.
- Set up a boiler room operation, where your people make lots of sales calls.
- Ignore the little old ladies - they're too skeptical to invest over the phone.
- Prey on upper middle class business people with big egos.
- Convince them that metals like gold and silver are safer investments in these uncertain times.
- If they say they have no money, tell them of course you have money. What about all those "dead dogs" you have... how about your under-performing 401k or your stocks?
- Find the richest suckers by matching phone list leads to addresses and use Google satellite images to find victims with the biggest homes. Rip off those people first.
Con-man Mr. Campany may earn 25 years in prison. Unless he can convince the judge he's truly remorseful.
An opposing viewpoint on "Silver and Gold"
Confessions of a Gold Scammer, ABC News>>