A homemade mosquito trap
When we exhale, mosquitoes use the carbon dioxide in our breath to find us and bite us.
- Mimicking carbon dioxide, which attracts the bug elsewhere.
- Disrupting the ability of the mosquito to detect the gas.
- Tricking the mosquito into thinking everything around it is carbon dioxide.
These techniques are also common in many worlds of deception:
- Mimicking one thing to distract us from another.
- Disrupting our abilities to find what we want.
- Tricking us by sensory overload so we can’t distinguish what’s real from what’s fake.
– Smelly chemicals confuse mosquitoes, BBC News, Health>>
– Quick and Dirty Mosquito Trap, DIY Happy>>