|This is all the liquor that nobody drank.|
- Find a dumpster behind a liquor store and scrounge around until you find a whole mess of tossed-out receipts.
- Attach those receipts to reimbursement request forms and submit them as petty cash requests.
- Get reimbursed for all the liquor that you (and your colleagues) didn't drink.
- Do this for 5 years.
- Use a total of 13,000 receipts.
- Collect $409,000 in fake reimbursements.
- Don't get caught.
Runowicz pled guilty to grand larceny and may get one to three years in prison. Runowicz, a musician, had released a blues CD called How Am I Here? in 2007 under the name John Michael Hersey. In one song, he sings, "I'm running from the blues, but the blues always track me down."
Buy his CD here>>
NYU employee accused of stealing $409K over 5 years, CNN>>